Rewards, Deliveries, Returns, and Animal/Fish Guarantee
We work hard to make sure you are satisfied with your shopping experience at Pet Food Center. We hope you keep coming back and tell all of your pet-loving friends about us!
Join our Pet Food Center Rewards Program and earn 1 point for every dollar spent. When you earn 300 points, we will email you a $10 coupon. Buy 12 bags of pet food and get the 13th free (must pay sales tax). Participating brands only. *
Sign up at the store using our Rewards Kiosk, or ask a staff member to sign you up, or sign up online at www.mypetfoodcenter.com.
Returns for Reward Members is easy! If you purchased products using your Rewards Membership, we may have record in our system. Make sure to keep your Rewards profile up to date with your current address and phone number.
Our online Customers are eligible for Rewards too! To redeem your rewards contact us at 812-424-5134 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Participating Brands in 2022: Acana, Blue Buffalo, Earthborn, Essence, Fromm, Fussie Cat, Holistic Select, Merrick, Whole Earth, Natural Balance, Orijen, Pro Pac, Pro Plan, Purina Cat Chow, Science Diet, SPORTMiX, Wholesome, Venture, Wellness, Whole, and Zignature.
Shop online and we can get our products to you in one of three ways.
FREE Store Pick Up:
Live within 50 miles of our Evansville or Newburgh stores? We will shop for you at no extra charge! Just come by and pick it up. Here is how…
Order & pay for your products online, specify which store you wish to pick them up at (Evansville and Newburgh, Indiana, based stores only), give us about an hour,** and we will prepare your order. We will contact you when your order is ready. When you arrive at the store, call that store, and we will bring your product(s) to your car. Or, come on in! We would love to see you.
**If your store of choice is currently out of your product, we will find a store that has it and get it for you, but it may take us a bit longer.
Oops! Ran out of time to drop by? Changed your mind and decide you want it delivered? If you order is over $29, and you live within 10 miles of Evansville, Indiana, we can help. Please contact us at 812-424-5134 or email email@example.com. Refer to FREE Local Delivery below.
FREE Local Delivery:
We offer FREE local delivery on in-stock orders over $29 within 10 miles of Evansville, Indiana. Place your $29+ online order by 2 pm and get free delivery within 24 hours Monday – Friday. The 24-hour promise is not available on holidays or on days with inclement weather. Don’t see the product you are looking for online? Call us at 812-424-5134.
Delivered by FedEx® :
Our package carrier of choice is Fed Ex®.
Packages sent via Fed Ex® Ground or Fed Ex® Home Delivery have an expected delivery time of 1-5 days per the carrier. Pet Food Center is not responsible for packages that are delayed due to carrier delays. Please allow 1-5 business days for shipments to arrive before any refunds or action will be taken on delayed orders.
Orders over $150.00 may be subject to having adult signature required upon delivery.
Larger items may need to be shipped via Fed Ex® Freight and will be subject to additional shipping charges. We can ship to a Fed Ex® Freight facility near you ($$) or to your home ($$$). Your choice. 😊
If for some reason, we have let you down or things did not go as planned, we are more than happy to make things right.
Items Purchased in a Store
Most items purchased at our Pet Food Centers may be returned. Returns must meet these guidelines:
- Items must be returned within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Electronic products (including electric fences, remote trainers, and bark collars, etc.) must be returned within 7
- Returns must include the original receipt.
- Items should be returned in NEW condition, in the original packaging including paperwork, manuals, and accessories (when applicable).
- Items returned damaged are not eligible for a refund or replacement.
- The store staff reserves the right to deny refunds or offer store credit.
- Products can be returned to any of our stores.
- You may be charged a restocking fee if 1) we feel we now need to mark down the price to resell it, 2) the item is electronic, 3) the item needs to be returned to the vendor, etc.
- Credit will be issued to the same method of payment used for the purchase (debit card, credit card, etc.).
- Purchases made with a check will NOT be refunded for 10 days.
- No returns or refunds on clearance items. They are sold as is. All sales final.
- No returns on flea and tick collars and topical drops. All sales final.
- Coupons cannot be combined with other offers.
- For live animal & fish returns, refer to the Live Animal / Fish Guarantee
Items Delivered to You
If we mess up your order.
We will fix it at no charge to you! Please contact us at 812-424-5134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive it and decide you do not want it?
- Return It to a Store – Refer to the return guidelines listed above.
- We Can Pick Up Products We Delivered Locally for $5 - Please contact us at 812-424-5134 or email email@example.com. We will come get your product and refund your money OR bring you a different item. The $5 pick-up fee will be deducted from your refund amount.
- Mail It Back to Us - Returns must meet the same return guidelines as those listed in the Items Purchased in a Store section above, PLUS:
- Products must be returned within 30 days of the package delivery date.
- The product must be returned with a copy of the original receipt we emailed to you.
- All products must be returned in a cardboard box. DO NOT stick a packing label on the product packaging. Items will not be accepted if they are unsellable due to labels or any other reason without prior approval.
- Once we receive the product and confirm it is in excellent condition, we will issue a credit to the debit / credit card used for payment.
- No returns on opened food products.
- If you would like to buy a different product, we would love to help! Please go to mypetfoodcenter.com.
- Refunds will not be given on packages that are delayed due to carrier issues until 2 days past the expected delivery date. We are not responsible for carrier delays. Please allow 1-5 business day for packages to arrive via the carrier.
- Customers are responsible for return shipping on wanted products.
- Products damaged upon arrive must be reported within 2 days of receiving the package. Proof with photo may be required. We will notify you if we would like the product back(we will provide a return label), or if you can keep the product.
Please ship the product(s) to the address below.
Pet Food Center Online Sales
4036 N. First Ave.
Evansville, IN 47710
Questions? Please contact us at 812-424-5134
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Animal / Fish Guarantee
Live animals and fish must be purchased at a store.
Live Animal / Fish Purchase Agreement:
- Animals / fish cannot be put ‘on hold.’
- Animals / fish must be taken home at time of purchase.
- We do not price match livestock.
- Pet Food Center will not knowingly sell sick or pregnant animals / fish.
- Employees are not able to guarantee gender.
- Pet Food Center reserves the right to deny sales & guarantees on all live animals / fish.
- Pet Food Center is not responsible for animals/fish already in the home.
- Pet Food Center is not responsible for any Customer veterinarian bills.
If a guaranteed animal becomes ill once in your home, contact the Animal Department Manager to schedule a return or exchange of the animal. The animal must be returned along with the original receipt within the guaranteed dates (below). If you do not wish to return or exchange an ill animal, the expense of veterinary visits is your responsibility. The Store/Animal Department Manager may need to contact our Corporate Animal Director if there are extenuating circumstances.
Live Animal / Fish Guarantee Policy:
Pet Food Center will exchange or provide same-day in-store-credit for MOST˚ healthy, ill, or deceased animals, and MOST˚ deceased fish within specified guaranteed dates. We are unable to exchange live fish. Deceased animals / fish must be returned the day they die. Guarantees may vary or be denied during or after any purchased based on the cost, type of animal, habitat setups, diet, environment, and individual circumstances.
˚ Some animals / fish do not qualify for guarantees. Refer to Animal / Fish Specifics below.
All “Guaranteed” animal / fish returns must include:
- Said animal / fish body.
- A receipt reflecting range of guaranteed date.
- A fish tank water sample. The sample must pass Pet Food Center quality tests. The water sample must be separate from the dead fish.
The guarantee is void:
- In plural animal situations that result in death, illness, or injury in the home. (When a second animal is involved.)
- If death, illness, or injury was due to an accident or environmental hazard in the home.
- If the Customer refuses Pet Food Center animal education and refuses to sign the Live Stock Inventory Terms and Agreements document.
All qualifying animal/fish returns have a ONE-TIME replacement guarantee. This means the new replacement does NOT have a new guarantee. All live animal/fish purchases have a NO CASH BACK policy. Only a one-time exchange of equal or lesser value can be made in the form of livestock or product. This must take place at the time of the return and cannot be given in the form of a gift card.
Animal / Fish Specifics:
Fresh Water Fish
Twenty-one (21) day guarantee if purchase price is $19.99 or less on MOST fish. All sales final & no guarantees if purchase price exceeds $20. Discounted fish that were originally $20.00 and up will NOT carry a guarantee. Customers must have the receipt, fish, and a separate water sample that passes water testing. Fish in bowls and/or in non-filtered systems, with lack of heat sources or lack of water treatments will NOT be guaranteed.
Pet Food Center follows the 2 Day – 2 Week – 2 Month rule for freshwater fish guarantees.
- New aquariums must be set up for a minimum of 2 Days* before adding live fish*.
- New water tanks must have live fish in them for 2 Weeks before we offer any guarantees.
- New water systems can take up to 2 Months before they are considered fully cycled.
Customers that do not follow the 2 Day – 2 Week – 2 Month rule may be denied the guarantee.
*Waiting 2 Days before adding fish to a new aquarium allows the water to reach the proper temperature, water treatments to neutralize, and chemical levels and filtration systems to cycle. Be sure to test water before adding fish.
It is very important to only add a few fish the first go-around due to the lack of nitrifying bacteria.
We also recommend waiting 6 weeks before adding bottom feeders such as Plecos, Corys, Snails, Sharks, or Catfish.
Betas and Pond Fish
Three (3) day guarantee if purchase price is $19.99 or less on MOST. All sales final & no guarantees if purchase price exceeds $20. Discounted fish that were originally $20.00 and up will NOT carry a guarantee. Customers must have the receipt, fish, and a separate water sample that passes water testing.
Saltwater Fish, Creatures, Rocks, etc.
Freshwater Aquatic Creatures [Non- Fish]
Aquatic Frogs, Axolotls, Crabs, Lobsters, Shrimp, Dragon/Rope Fish, Eels, etc.
Three (3) day guarantee if purchase price is $19.99 or less on MOST. All sales final & no guarantees if purchase price exceeds $20. Discounted creatures that were originally $20.00 and up will NOT carry any guarantees.
Reptiles, Birds, and Small Animals
Turtles, Snakes, Lizards, Birds, Pet Rodents, Ferrets, Chinchillas, Guinea Pigs, Rabbits and more.
Three (3) day guarantee if purchase price is $199.99 or less on MOST. All sales final & no guarantees if purchase price exceeds $200. Discounted animals that were originally $200.00 and up will NOT carry any guarantees.
Arachnids, Amphibians, and Land Crustaceans
Spiders, Scorpions, Toads, Newts, Salamanders, Hermit Crabs, Hissing Cockroaches, Millipedes/Centipedes, and miscellaneous bug type creatures:
Three (3) day guarantee if purchase price is $49.99 or less on MOST. All sales final & no guarantees if purchase price exceeds $50. Discounted creatures that were originally $50.00 and up will NOT carry any guarantees.
Other Non-Guaranteed Livestock Items
There are no guarantees on plants, snails, Puffer Fish, tadpoles, feeder fish, feeder rodents, feeder insects and other unique and/or fragile animals / fish.
Customers may wish to order animal/fish that we do not or currently do not carry. These orders may be subject to a ‘no guarantee’ or a three (3) day guarantee depending upon the guidelines noted above, the cost and vulnerability of the animal/fish. Guarantees are up to the discretion of the Animal Department Manager. Regularly stocked animal/fish that are simply out of stock are not considered to be special order and carry the usual guarantee according to the guidelines above.
Discounted Sales vs. On Sale Ad Items
Advertised sales on livestock will carry a regular guarantee, where applicable. In store discounts over 10% will NOT be guaranteed, exchanged, nor returned and must be pre-approved through the Corporate Animal Director.